This video is about On Arrival phrases in English pronunciation. Non-English speakers and English students and learners often have difficulties with understanding the words and phrases used On Arrival. In this video by a native English speaker from America, we speak the common phrases used when arriving at a friends' home. The video includes ample opportunity to practice these phrases for non-English speakers when dining with friends by using a modeling process of call and response. This gives students practice speaking the phrases upon arrival and gives students confidence when considering dining out with friends.
There are several tools that will speed your language learning process. While there is no magic formula, these are the ways to make the learning fun and effective. When you make it fun, you will be speaking your new language quickly.
1. Name - taking a name in your new language makes room in the brain.
2. Modeling - the teacher models and the student mimicks.
3. Branching - makes new similar phrases.
4. Repetition - repeating the phrase improves the memory.
5. Physical - body gestures anchor the memory.
6. Thinking - this means ask questions in your new language!
7. Listen - record your voice on your smart phone and play it back.
8. Play - games make it faster because you want to learn.