This video is about Ordering snacks. Non-English speakers and English students often have difficulties in understanding and pronouncing the words for ordering snacks and drinks. In this video by a native English speaker from America, we speak the words and phrases that students will hear in bars and restaurants where people order snacks. In this video, they will hear the common phrases used when ordering snacks and be given a chance to practice speaking them. This will increase their confidence when ordering snacks.
There are several tools that will speed your language learning process. While there is no magic formula, these are the ways to make the learning fun and effective. When you make it fun, you will be speaking your new language quickly.
1. Name - taking a name in your new language makes room in the brain.
2. Modeling - the teacher models and the student mimicks.
3. Branching - makes new similar phrases.
4. Repetition - repeating the phrase improves the memory.
5. Physical - body gestures anchor the memory.
6. Thinking - this means ask questions in your new language!
7. Listen - record your voice on your smart phone and play it back.
8. Play - games make it faster because you want to learn.